Hello, I'm Indigo and this is my video game walkthrough blog. I'm not amazing but I try my best. I mostly do rpg's because faster paced games are more difficult to screenshot, but that's mostly what I play to begin with so it works out well. Games are mostly going to be Nes/Snes/Gameboy/Gameboy Advance. I hope what I've done can be helpful!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Mega Man Battle Network (Part XII)

After you talk to Higsby, start to head home. Our destination is in the \Miyu area of the net, the entrance to witch is in the northwest of Area 2. Take the eastern path right at the entrance to the area to get there. Specifically in Miyu's area, we are heading to the black platform with an orange W on it. When you go to enter the undernet area, you will have to fight some viruses, even though you have the code. Not very trusting, these criminal types.


If you fought the purple WWW Navi in the vending machine a little while ago, this is basically the same fight. I got a Guts Man V3 chip on my first turn so I was able to take out both of the cannons right off the bat. Then I got a Skull Man V3 chip and that was the end of the beetle thing. You get 3000 Zennys for this.

After the battle, you'll get an e-mail telling you that an old friend of Higsby's who works at SciLab used to be part of WWW as well. Feel free to wander around a bit before you set off to find him. There is a Merchant who has an ever-valuable PowerUp, as well as a few HPmemories, and there is also a WWW gate nearby with a free HPmemory.

When you are ready to head over to the Government Complex (rememver he's in the SciLab section) seek out the guy marching around near the lobby/tv area. He hands over the Sci Memo and tells us that there are actually two more ex-members in Dentown... *sigh* So I guess we're going back there now.

First go talk to SPOILERSSHOCKSURPRISE Ms. Mari's twin sister Yuri over at the school. She'll give you the Yuri Memo.

Soooo, wait. They're identical twin sisters. But they have different last names and neither of them are married? Or do children just call their teachers by their first names in the future? But then again nothing else in this game really makes sense, why should they start now. Moving along.

When you talk to the only old man in the central part of town he tells you he's not an ex WWW member. Crap. So go back to ACDC town and talk to the guy just north of the metro station. You'll get Pa's Memo. At last we are ready to head out.

Return to the first Undernet area you accessed with the Hig Code. Note that you can use your newly-acquired memos to access this area from the 'W' exit at the left of Area 3 as well as via the Miyu area. The entrance from Area 3 will actually take you right next to our next destination - the 'W' path at the north end. use the Sci Memo to open up the door and into Undernet 2.

And look who we found. The poor guy, always defeated so easily.

He was right here.

By the way, the shadow you can see just to the northwest there was a mystery data containing 6000 zennys. So that was nice.

Continue through to the end of the area (it's not all that big or confusing) to another W panel where you can use the Yuri Memo. In the next undernet area there isn't really anything of note, so just keep going till you find the next panel where you can use the Pa's Memo.

Again, nothing much of note here except that I found a mystery data containing 10,000 zennys in the northeast corner. Oh, also there's a boss. You'll be able to glimpse his big red self from a good distance, and you'll also be able to tell you've arrived because you will see the big foreboding square platform. You may want to put some water element chips in your folder and make sure you're not wearing the WoodArmor.

Bomb Man
600 HP

Cross Bomb Kick: He will kick three bombs out into your area, and they will explode in a cross pattern (one space each to the north, south, east, and west). They will all land at different times, so you will be able to dodge them all.

Mine: He places a mine in your area


He has another attack where he places bombs in his own area, but I never really got to find out what the purpose for these was because I just blew them up with my own chips. Maybe that's all they're there for, I dunno.

That's all we had to do here for now, so jack out.

It's time to head over to the SciLab and talk to Lan's dad, so let's do that. So you talk to him and then in about two seconds you're able to convince him to let you go face off against the world's largest terrorist organization. Also he asks you if you are able to handle the responsability of your actions against them possibly instigating full-scale war and the game makes you say yes BUT I HAVE A FUNNY FEELING that Lan wouldn't actually handle it so well.

ANYWAY. We're supposed to go practice net battling or something. I decided to go look for Color Man and Elec Man V3.

As with the rest of the Navis, he is found as a random encounter in the same area you find his V2 in a fixed place - which, in case you don't remember, is the area after \Sal. The same area where you can/did buy the Wood Armor, I'm pretty sure.

As you see, I didn't even S-Rank Elec Man and I still got the V3 chip. This chip does 150 damage to one panel... something that will be quite useful against Shark Man V3 I expect.

At this point I put Lan to bed, but since this post is so short I am just going to keep going.


AH IT'S THE MOTHER ELF. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you should go play the entire Mega Man Zero series. Yes, right now. Don't worry, I'll wait.

I like this guy. He has fun in life.

Kay, so shortly after this he said YAHOOT which I thought was some expression of excitement, and I was like WOW I SHOULD TOTALLY START USING THAT. But it wasn't. It was the name of the guy he was talking to. Whatever, I'm going to start using it like that anyway.

So anyway, the next day will start and you will get an e-mail from your dear ol dad letting you know you know that they found the terrorists but don't know how to get you to their base. That's a little bit disappointing I guess, but they'll figure something out eventually I suppose. Go downstairs and Lan's mom will be like "Hey son, there's an apocalyptic scenario being announced on the tv, isn't that swell?" And all I have to say about that is... a hacking rocket? Really? You just said that?

I did my regular running around - there's a boy at the school in the Br room (where Ms. Mari was tied up forever ago) who wants to give you a BusterBomb D for the XPanel3 S that girl gave you a short while ago. You can also go in the teacher's lounge now but there's nothing in there.

Also, Chaud is lurking around ACDC town like a lurky lurkface, so you can challenge Proto Man V2 if you wish.

If you're wondering why the code for the chip is B instead of P, I wondered that too. And then I remembered his Japanese name is Blues, so I'm going to guess that's it. This chip does 140 damage to the vertical row containing the nearest enemy.

I am going to go and explore more of the net - specifically the parts where each new section has a different requirement. I have mentioned the "bravery" one in a previous post - all you have to do is not run from any battles in that area. Also this area has two exits, first I will be covering the areas from the north exit on the upper level.

"Style" area:
Make it to the gate without taking any damage
*Note: BombMan V2 is located here

Found out what those bombs in his area were for (he kicks them at you, they make a larger explosion than the others). Also, it's probably a good idea not to seek him out until after you've opened the gate forward.

He is over here (to the left past the gate).

"Free Run" area:
No challenge. Also no continuation - it's a dead end. There is a merchant with more HPmemory and a PowerUp. Buy these if you'd like.

Now for the areas from the north-east exit, on a different section of the level.

"Collect" area:
I'm not exactly sure what you have to collect here. I just kept fighting battles till it let me through.

"Avoid" area:
Get to the gate at the end of the area with few encounters (I got more than 5 so I'm guessing it is less than 10 they are looking for)
Note that this area has a WWW gate - behind which is a PowerUp!

"Rank" area:
You will have to start the area over if you get a busting level below 5 at any point. There is a merchant, and the exit is right by him. Where, you ask?

Aroundabouts here.

End area:
Alright. So this is the end... and I'm not really sure what we're supposed to do. I got 20,000 zennys from a mystery data and a couple Ratton3 chips but there's nowhere to go to from here and none of the npcs give you anything. Huh. That's... kinda irritating.

Here I was hoping that when I got to the end there would be something exciting for me to end my post on, but... doesn't seem to be the case. So uh. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment